COVID UPDATE 26.2.22
Following on from Boris Johnson's announcements this week regarding Covid, Southwest Public Health England Team have released guidance for schools to follow.
DCC have also sent info and a new risk assessment in accordance with what Public Health England are saying.
I will be completing our risk assessment this week but the main points I will be telling parents and staff are as follows:
1. No asymptomatic testing.
2. Staff and children to test if they have symptoms of covid.
3. Self isolate if positive with covid
4. Any positive cases amongst the children must be reported to the school office.
5. No track and trace anymore. No need for close contacts to test daily.
6. Keep up with ventilation and hygiene etc
7.. School to report covid cases via the smart survey as usual.
8. If a parent or carer insists on a pupil attending our school as a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19, we are allowed to take the decision to refuse the pupil if, in our reasonable judgement, it is necessary to protect other pupils and staff from possible infection with Covid-19.
9. No face coverings required unless for intimate care or in any crowded place. If staff choose to continue to wear masks then that will be allowed.
The School's Covid Outbreak Management Plan will still be used where